Need help launching your podcast?
Podcast University is a step-by-step video course that makes creating, launching and marketing your podcast easy.
This course is for you if:
- You are an entrepreneur and you want to grow your business with a podcast
- You want to launch a podcast to grow your personal brand
- You want to build credibility and take your career to new heights by sharing your expertise on your own show
- You want to make a greater impact on more people by reaching podcast audiences from all around the globe
- You want to hone your skills by getting free coaching calls from world-leading experts
Do any of the above sound like you? Click here to view the course curriculum.
About the instructors
John Lim is an entrepreneur specializing in public speaking, high impact presentations, online courses and digital products. He is the co-author of the ‘Corporate Cliches‘ adult coloring book and has been featured in Inc. (Minority Voices | Love of Pie Formula) and Cracked. John is the executive producer and host of the podcast series, Moving Forward, which has reached listeners in over 50 countries. Through Moving Forward, John has spoken with some of today’s most prominent entrepreneurs, artists, and influencers, including Winnie Sun, Jeffrey Hayzlett, Jen Grisanti, John Lee Dumas, Doug Drexler and more.
Mary Fernandez is a content marketing strategist, persuasion psychology fanatic, and founder of Persuasion Nation™. Mary has worked with 7- and 8-figure online businesses to drive their content marketing strategy and double their traffic and revenue (podcasting is one of her favorite techniques!). Now, she hosts the Persuasion Nation Podcast, where listeners from 56 countries learn the step-by-step to building profitable online businesses, so they can quit their day jobs and enjoy life with their loved ones. Her work has been featured in Inc., The Huffington Post, Search Engine Journal, Creative Live, and more.
The course contains 6 modules with 70+ video lessons, totaling over 10 hours of content. Here's what you'll learn...
Module 1: Mindset – You Can Launch a Podcast!
- Why podcasting will grow your business (and change your life)
- Why you need to launch a podcast NOW
- How to overcome "imposter syndrome"
- What to do if you are a perfectionist
- Why the technical stuff doesn't need to be difficult
Module 2: The Podcast Framework – How to Plan a Popular Podcast
- Setting a goal for your podcast
- Deciding on a theme & topics
- Creating your ideal listener biography
- Choosing a show format (+ 6 popular podcast formats)
- Choosing the perfect name for your show
- The Podcast Framework Worksheet (PDF)
Module 3: Recording and Editing Made Easy
- The hardware and software you'll need to launch your show (hint: it doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg!)
- How to record interviews & monologues
- How to edit your episodes to perfection
- How to add show music & bumpers
- The easiest way to schedule your interviews
- Podcast Hardware & Software Guides (PDF)
- Recording Checklist (PDF)
- Editing Checklist (PDF)
- Guest Checklist (PDF)
- Mock Interview Audio File (MP3)
Module 4: Publishing and Distribution (the Headache-Free Way)
- How to prepare your audio files for upload
- How to choose a podcast hosting service
- How to publish a podcast episode in 4 simple steps
- How to search engine optimize your podcast episodes
- How to create your own stunning cover art (using all free tools)
- How to automatically syndicate your show to iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and more
- Publishing Checklist (PDF)
- Special student offer: try Libsyn podcast hosting service FREE for one month+!
Module 5: Marketing & Promotion – How to Reach Throngs of Listeners and Turn Them into Paying Customers
- How to set up a website for your podcast
- How to turn podcast listeners into email subscribers and paying customers
- 6 ways to repurpose your podcast and grow your audience without creating new content
- The step-by-step, 4-day plan to promoting your podcast episodes after they go live
- Marketing Tools Checklist (PDF)
- 4-Day Social Media Promotion Checklist (PDF)
Module 6: Guest Relations – How to Land Incredible Guests Who Promote Your Show Like Crazy
- How to approach people to be guests on your podcast
- How to land your dream guests, even when you are just starting out
- How to use the "red carpet" technique to WOW your guests
- How to make guests super excited to promote you and your show
- How to get introduced to bigger and bigger guests
What Our Students Say
Co-host, Millennial Playbook
"I am brand new to podcasting and was looking for a course that would both give me clarity on my content and walk me through the tech side. Finding the right host, the appropriate recording and editing software, and the distribution process was really overwhelming as there were so many choices but not a lot of tutorials. Through Mary and John’s course I was able to take a step back, reflect on the concept behind my podcast, and watch easy to follow videos on all the “scary” tech components. I appreciate how they broke down various platforms from interview to one-person based podcasts, gave clear direction on how to land guests, and how to effectively promote to the audience you’re trying to reach. They also talk in detail on repurposing your podcast which is something that I had not really thought of prior to taking the course."
Co-host, Chocolate Croissants
"When it comes to producing a podcast, John Lim is the real deal. I first met him as a guest on his show, and from pre-production, to the interview, to post...he was a total professional. Over the years I have seen him continue to iterate the process and find relevant ways to make the most of his content. When starting my own podcast just a few months ago, John was a valuable and reliable consultant who helped me navigate an unfamiliar process. Thanks to his guidance, my podcast has already been downloaded tens of thousands of times by listeners in over 70 countries. I trust John, and you should too."
Host, Freshly Squeezed with Squeeze Bocachica
"Have no clue how to start a podcast and don't know where to begin? Have a podcast but need help growing it? Podcast University is for you! Mary and John do a fantastic job explaining everything with ease, and I can't believe how much I learned from all of the lessons and modules. From developing and launching your show, to marketing and distribution, this course has the road map laid out for your success in podcasting. Because of Podcast University, I will be starting my own podcast that will launch in the next couple of months. I am super excited! I hope you get as excited as I am after going through the course."
David L. David
Co-host, Living with Danielle and David
"John Lim guided us in the process of beginning our podcast. We had no idea how to launch a podcast, nor did we really understand what a podcast was at that time. John's approach is, and has always been of that of true professionalism. He is extremely patient, very detailed and fast when it comes to providing information. I really don't believe we could have begun or proceeded with a podcast without his knowledge. Now, our show has a wide audience of listeners, and our guests include Demond Wilson (Lamont Sanford), Shavar Ross (Dudley, DIfferent Strokes), Rodney Allen Rippy, Ernest Thomas (Raj, What's Happening), and many other well known celebrity guests. I highly recommend Podcast University– you won't be sorry."